ingredients are available at Tehran Station.
- Chicken breast or thigh 4 pieces
- Barberry 1 measure
- 1 onion
- Tomato paste 2 tbsp
- 25 grams of butter
- Brewed saffron 2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Enough salt and pepper and turmeric
- Rose half a teaspoon
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and turmeric on the chicken pieces and place in a sealed container in the refrigerator.Chop onion and garlic in a saucepan and fry with oil and a little turmeric.
- Remove the chickens from the refrigerator and fry them in the pot with the onion and garlic.After the chickens are fried, add the tomato paste and let it fry a little.Frying paste makes the chickens colourful.
- Add a little salt and pepper to the chicken and stir.Pour three glasses of water into the pot and let the chickens cook on low heat.It takes an hour for the chickens to cook completely.
- To make barberry pilaf, first soak the barberries in water for half an hour to soften them.To drain the rice, first leave the rice in a container containing lukewarm water and salt for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.Pour a tablespoon of liquid oil and salt into the water and add the rice to the pot. After about 10 minutes, if the rice grains have softened somewhat, pour them into a strainer and rinse with cold water.
- Pour some water and liquid oil into the pot and let it heat up a bit. Pour the drained rice into the pot with a spatula. Turn down the heat and let the rice simmer slowly.
- Drain the barberry and pour it into the pan with the sugar and butter and fry.Be careful not to overcook the barberries to prevent them from burning.
- Add brewed lemon juice, rose and saffron to the cooked chicken.Let the chicken cook for about 15 minutes on low heat with a mixture of rose and saffron to get the aroma and taste of TS* saffron.
- Mix some cooked rice in a bowl with barberry and saffron.You can use this mixture to decorate white rice.Put the chickens in another bowl.